Welcome to Physiofitness Physiotherapy Maidenhead
Experienced hands-on physiotherapy in Maidenhead Berkshire, for sports injuries and general aches and pains. All treatment is evidence based on the most up to date research, patients will be assessed from a whole body point of view and not just the site of pain.
Why choose PhysioFitness Physiotherapy?
Over a decade of successful patient management and experience
Many available treatment options
Registered with major insurance companies
Caring and respectful approach
What physiotherapy treatments are available?
Whether you have a simple ache or pain, sports injury, whiplash, low back pain or neck pain, we have a physiotherapy treatment plan that will get you back on track. Whenever choosing the correct course of physio treatment for your particular problem you will have a thorough physiotherapy assessment beforehand. This may include looking at areas which you feel are unconnected, however sometimes these areas can be linked and ensuring these are looked at will ensure you receive the correct physiotherapy input. In certain circumstances acupuncture may be offered to aid the release of muscle spasm and control pain.
Physiotherapy techniques that may be used include:
- Posture correction exercise regimes.
- Sports massage, acupuncture, instrument assisted soft tissue massage for the release of soft tissue tension, muscle tightness and pain relief.
- Stretches and myofascial release to overcome muscle tension and muscle spasm.
- Ultrasound and scar massage to soften scar tissue.
- Acupuncture for management of pain and muscle tension.
- Joint mobilisations and manipulations for releasing joint stiffness and improving mobility.
- Corrective taping using kinesiotape or leukotape for posture correction, muscle tension and biofeedback.
- Gait re-education (correction of walking patterns) may also be used when necessary.
- Advice and education will also be given to allow you to understand the problem in its entirety and continue with self-management strategies in between appointments.
(Note: Occasionally new techniques may become available which may not be listed here, and if appropriate and after discussion these may also be used.)
The clinic is now OPEN for appropriate cases requiring face to face consultation.
Remote sessions remain in place for routine assessment and exercise progression appointments.
Face to Face Appointment Procedures:
- All face to face appointments will have a phone call triage beforehand to ensure attending the clinic is absolutely necessary.
- Appointments will be spaced with 30 mins gap in between to allow for cleaning and no patient cross over.
- Only one person (the patient) to attend the clinic except for the purpose of being a parent or guardian of a minor, a chaperone, a translator or for mobility assistance.
- Hand sanitizer will be used on entering and exiting the clinic.
- Physio to wear a Facemask, apron, gloves and glasses at all times when performing any assessment and/or treatment within the social distancing parameters (2m).
- The subjective examination (the discussion about the injury and progress etc) to take place with social distancing and chairs placed more than 2m apart.
- When driving to the clinic patients are asked to wait in the car until being called in. If walking then please do use the reception area. (There will be no reading material or magazines in the waiting area so this will look very bare unfortunately).
- All payments to be made via bank transfer where possible or contactless payment when less than £45. No cash payments taken.
If you wish to discuss your case or have any questions or concerns regarding any of the above information then please do feel free to contact the clinic.